Saturday, September 4, 2010

How well do you manage your energy?

This last Tuesday, I came back from work and played with my kids, mowed the lawn and then went out shopping with my family. I stayed awake till 11:00 p.m. and watched a movie on Netflix. This is quite unusual for me. Typically, I am beat after my 50-mile commute each way and have very little energy left at the end of the day.

I started to think about Tuesday a little bit more and discovered that I had managed to conserve my energy well that day. I had a good night's sleep, had an interesting problem to engage my mind at work and went out to eat with my colleagues and had a good time discussing about the fun things that we did this summer.

The next day, I got a twitter message from CNN Money about the need to take a break at lunch hour and make a concerted effort to manage our energy at work. I then visited the website titled the Energy Project and learned that managing energy is even more important than managing time in this day and age. I took the quiz and found out that I had an imminent energy crisis as I scored 13/20. (less than 5 is required to be fully energized). I plan to implement some of their suggestions and benefit from them. See if you can find out how to improve your energy efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment